Our native Tulsa is a mecca for art deco architecture, a culinary melting pot, a hotspot for music and film, and an important cultural destination. Recognized recently by major publications like Travel + Leisure, USA Today and many others for lifestyle innovation and honored by National Geographic for being one of the best places in the world to visit and call home, Tulsa is admired by millions and truly cherished by the 400,000+ who do proudly reside here.
For art lovers, Tulsa’s world-renowned Performing Arts Center and prominent art museums and galleries anchor the city’s art scene, which rivals the nation’s best. The Downtown Arts District, with its popular First Friday events, makes a fine place to see and be seen. There’s also Gathering Place, an imaginative, riverside park with winding trails and plentiful places to dine, play and explore. And in 2021, the city will unveil Greenwood Rising, a world-class history museum whose social and cultural impact is likely to be felt at the national level.
For kicks, Tulsa offers four casinos and over a dozen golf courses, in addition to being a famous stop along the iconic Route 66, which traverses our area. Favorite attractions like the Blue Whale of Catoosa and mysterious Center of the Universe are just a couple of the more worthwhile pitstops. And consistent with Tulsa’s rich, musical history, famous venues like Cain’s Ballroom harken back to the city’s early jazz and western swing roots, while also paving the way forward. No wonder Rolling Stone has deemed Tulsa an important musical destination which rivals Austin, TX as one of the nation’s finest.
As residents will attest, it’s tough to stay hungry in Tulsa, where an eclectic culinary scene encompasses everything from Americana to all the favorite international flavors. It’s also the “world capital of cheeseburgers,” with generations-old eateries like Ted’s Hamburgers, Weber’s Superior Root Beer Drive-in and specialty joints all over town vying for top honors. Which will become your favorite?
In all, Tulsa’s unique fusion of arts, dining, culture and overall quality of life make it a fine place to enjoy retirement years. So do as Don Williams famously sang, and see what it’s like to live “On Tulsa Time.”
Area Landmarks & Points of Interest Include:
Arts & Entertainment
- Mabee Center (6.3 miles)
- Philbrook Museum of Art (9.5 miles)
- University of Tulsa (9.8 miles)
- BOK Center (11.7 miles)
- Tulsa Theater (11.9 miles)
- Gilcrease Museum (14.2 miles)
- Page Belcher Golf Course (9.0 miles)
- Tulsa Zoo (13.5 miles)
- Oklahoma Aquarium (10.4 miles)
- River Spirit Casino Resort (7.2 miles)
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (12.2 miles)
- Tulsa Air & Space Museum & Planetarium (13.0 miles)
Shopping & Dining
- Mingo Market Place (1.3 miles)
- Woodland Hills Mall (1.6 miles)
- WinCo Foods (1.7 miles)
- Target (1.9 miles)
- The Farm Shopping Center (2.9 miles)
- Bass Pro Shops (5.3 miles)
- St. Francis Hospital (3.2 miles)
- Hillcrest Hospital South (3.3 miles)
- St. Francis Hospital South (3.8 miles)
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital (6.5 miles)
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital (8.2 miles)
- Oklahoma State University Medical Center (11.2 miles)